Tuesday, March 01, 2005

About Me...

[The following is the complete text of the "About Me" section, which I submitted only minutes ago. Note that the link shown has nothing to do with this]

I was born the son of a poor, black sharecropper. Actually, I do enjoy telling people that I am black, even though I am obviously cascasian. They don't quite know what to make of this. [Dog tilts head to one side, question mark appears in though balloon above head] I explain that even though I may look white, I am, indeed, black. I ask them not to judge me by the color of my skin. I elaborate, saying that both of my parents are black, and I guess it's just a recessive gene at work, because this is how I turned out. No, I was not adopted. Yes, I am of African descent. No, not South African, as in European colonial settlers or anything of that nature. Ultimately, it is true, if the current school of archeological thought is to be believed, since Africa is now hailed as the birthplace of civilization. Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home